*Last updated on April 28th, 2020.
First off, our hearts go out to our local community across the islands and our global community around the world. We recognize this is an extremely challenging time for everyone. Our goal is to help you find accurate resources and information during this unprecedented coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. To all of the health care workers on the front lines, we cannot begin to express our gratitude. We continue to remain deeply committed to serving our Big Island community through this time of uncertainty.
Hawaii State Governor Ige's Emergency Proclamation
Read the latest proclamation here.
Global and National COVID-19 Resources
- World Health Organization
- Center for Disease Control
- Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering
State of Hawaii COVID-19 Resources
Local Hawaii County COVID-19 Resources
- County of Hawaii COVID-19 Resources
- County of Hawaii Emergency Proclamations
- Mayor Kim's Office: (808)961-8211
- Civil Defense: (808)935-0031
- County of Hawaii's Emergency Notification System – Register Here
Financial Relief & Assistance
“Check back for updates on the stimulus payment checks. The deadlines to FILE and PAY federal income taxes are extended to July 15, 2020. “
“Interest rates are 3.75 percent for small businesses without credit available elsewhere. The interest rate for non-profits is 2.75 percent. Terms are determined on a case by case basis, based upon borrower’s ability to repay.“
“If you are out of work and not being paid, you may be eligible for Unemployment Insurance (UI).”
“The Department of Taxation has issued special tax relief for State income taxpayers similar to the IRS.”
This federal program provides food and nutritional support to qualified low-income households.
“Hawaii public schools will be providing breakfast and lunch to children who are 18 years or younger.“
Big Island Hawaii Coronavirus (COVID-19) Testing and Screening Locations
- Hilo – Drive -through testing at Hilo Medical Center: Monday through Friday 10am to 2pm
- Pahoa – Puna Community Medical Center screening and testing: 9am to 4pm
- Waimea – North Hawai'i Community Hospital: Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays from 10am to 2pm at the entrance to the Lucy Henriques building
- Kona – Ali‘i Health Center pop-up screening and testing at the Keauhou Shopping Center: Mondays and Thursdays from 8am to 12pm. Call clinic at 808-747-8321 for pre-screening info
Kapuna Shopping Hours
Many stores across the island will be opening special shopping hours for seniors and those in our community who are the most vulnerable. *Visit links or contact your local store for the most updated special shopping hours.
- KTA – Sunday & Wednesday, hours vary by location
- Foodland – first hour on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Target – Wednesday 7am to 8am
- Costco – Tuesday & Thursday 8am to 9am
- Safeway – Tuesday & Thursday 6am to 9am
- Walmart – Tuesday 6am to 7am
- Sack N Save – Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday 5am to 6am
- Keaukaha General Store – daily 5:30am to 6:15am
Online Farmers' Markets
Community Donation Opportunities
If you or your business has extra unused and unopened masks, please donate to our health care workers! Local hospitals need extra medical supplies at this time.
- Hilo Medical Center's Human Resources' Office – (808)932-3150 Monday through Friday 7am to 4pm
- Hawaii Pacific Health – drop off at any of their medical center entrances
- Queen’s North Hawaii Community Hospital – (808)885-4444
“Activate Hawaiʻi Aid is a concerted effort to bring community together and activate an islandwide network of resilience hubs to help the most vulnerable get the support they need during this public health emergency.” -AHA Website
Stay safe, love others and remember to wash your hands.
Our team will do our best to provide the most accurate and up to date information. This page is not intended to substitute any medical, legal or financial advice. It should only be used as a helpful resource.
If you have additional resources or updates you recommend for the community, please contact Amber Haley via email here.