Our Facebook group is a community place to come together online to share events, insights, tips, questions, answers and, most importantly, to spread the Aloha spirit to our neighbors.
This group is intended to be a KIND, LOVING and tight-knit community. This is why we have some guidelines that must be enforced.
Mahalo for your kokua…
Please review the following as we have a zero-tolerance policy and you will be removed and blocked if you do not follow the group guidelines.
1. NO SPAM. EVER.
(unless its in a musubi!) Spam can include…
- Self promotion ( you selling ANYTHING)
- Fishing for solicitations
- Posting links (including FB pages or blog posts) to sell goods or services
- Private messaging other members with offers
- Asking people to PM you to find out more about what you offer, how you can help, or how to work with you.
Your SPAMMY comments (and YOU) will be removed.
2. ASK. PRAISE. GIVE.
- ASK = Your questions about living on the Big Island, moving to Hawaii, or any productive community questions you may have
- PRAISE = Share the wins you are celebrating OR any community members, local events or business you would like to spotlight and celebrate
- GIVE = Share any events, tips, strategies, lessons, or insights you have learned living on the Big Island
If your post doesn’t fall under one of these, it will be deleted without warning.
3. BE KIND.
We only spread Aloha. If you are mean, you are out.
You must respect other people’s feelings, differences, privacy, and rights.
If you are rude, disrespectful, or posting spam… you will be removed and banned. No second chances.
3. BE INCLUSIVE.
We will not tolerate comments, discrimination or exclusion based on anything including race, color, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, economic status or gender.
All are welcome here.
4. BE POSITIVE
We will not allow ranting or calling people or businesses out. This is not the place to give poor reviews (even if truthful) or complain about how people choose to live.
5. SPREAD ALOHA
Provide genuine and helpful feedback and suggestions to others.
Ask thoughtful questions.
Give kind answers.
Be the type of supportive friend that we all need in our lives.
“DO ONTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU.”
If you have a question about why your post was deleted, it’s because you didn't follow these guidelines.
If you were removed from our group, it’s because you didn't follow these guidelines.
If you are not sure if you can post something in our group, it’s probably best that you don't.
We ask that you respect the time of our Admins.
We hope you can show up in the group daily or when you need inspiration or have something to Ask, Praise or Give. But always remember, if you're living on Facebook all the time, you're forgetting to show up for your REAL life.
**These rules are subject to change without notice.**